FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Baked Rice Casserole with Spinach & Feta
A simple, healthy side dish to serve alongside lamb or pork. This can be completely assembled and refrigerated the night before cooking.
- 1 cup(s) cooked Kraft® Minute® White Rice (prepared according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Daisy® Brand Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp. each nutmeg and pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sliced mushrooms
- 15 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- several dashes of Tabasco® sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8” baking dish.
- Whisk sour cream, milk, eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper together.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the garlic, onion and mushrooms about 7 minutes or until onions are softened and mushrooms have released their water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooked rice, spinach, sour cream mixture and cheese. Transfer to the baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and then remove foil for last 10 minutes to brown.