FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Roast Pork with Caramelized Onions
The fragrant smell of sweet onions and tender pork loin will inundate the kitchen and hypnotize passersby. This recipe comes with minimal prep for a savory, satisfying taste.
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 lb. pork loin
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the roots from the end of each onion and peel off the outer leaves. Stand each onion root end up on a cutting board and cut the onion in wedges through the root. Place the wedges in a bowl. Pour the oil over the onions, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and toss well; set aside.
- Season pork loin with remaining salt and pepper. Place fat side down on an 11x7-inch jelly roll pan. Arrange onion wedges around pork loin. Roast for 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven, turn over pork and stir onion pieces. Roast for an additional 45 minutes stirring onions halfway through, until pork registers 145°F and onions are tender and browned. Remove from the oven and let pork rest 10 minutes before slicing.