FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad with Manchego Cheese
Looking for a salad that's big on flavor? Add delicately roasted beets and sliced fennel to baby spinach for a spicy twist. Shaved Manchego cheese adds a tangy, hearty, slighty rustic flavor.
View all tips »
*To roast beets, lightly spray beets with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Place on a baking pan and bake at 425° F for 20 minutes, or until tender, turning over halfway through baking time.
- 4 oz. El Cortijo® Manchego cheese
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 8 cup(s) baby spinach leaves
- 4 beets (medium), peeled, thinly sliced and roasted*
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Using a vegetable peeler, shave cheese into 1/2 inch pieces. Carefully place half of the pieces on a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Sprinkle with rosemary and black pepper. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown around the edges. Cool completely before removing from pan.
- Place spinach, beets and fennel in large bowl. Pour dressing over greens; toss until coated. Place equal amounts of salad onto 4 plates. Top with remaining shaved Manchego and tuck the baked Manchego cheese along edge. Serve immediately.