FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Roasted Catfish with Montreal Walnut Crust
McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning adds big flavor to this mild fish. The crunchy pecan/butter crust makes it special and the good news is you can get this on the table in less than 15 minutes.
View all tips »
- Save room for dessert!
- Serve with Kraft® Minute White Rice and green beans or broccoli.
- 2 lb. skinless catfish fillets
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 cup(s) pecans, finely chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped, or 3 Tbsp. dried
- 1/2 cup(s) coarse cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. softened butter
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Rub fish all over with vegetable oil. Season liberally on all sides with McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning and rub in.
- Combine pecans, parsley, butter and cornmeal in a pie plate. Press one side of seasoned fish into pecan mixture to generously coat.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet (preferably cast iron). Place fish, pecan side up, into pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to the middle shelf of the oven—not directly under broiler—and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes to cook the fish through and brown the topping.
- Serve with fresh lemon.