FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Roasted Garlic and Sweet Potato Soup
Welcome fall with a smooth, creamy soup that starts with our pick of sweet potatoes and fresh garlic steeped in savory seasonings for a balanced flavor.
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes (about 4 large), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth, divided
- 2 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off bulb; brush with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Place sweet potatoes and onions in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with remaining oil; toss to coat.
- Bake garlic and vegetables at 425°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until tender. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 cups broth, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper in a blender. Squeeze softened garlic into mixture; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan.
- In batches, process the sweet potatoes, onions and remaining broth until smooth; add to garlic mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.