FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Full of hearty potatoes, fresh onions and delicious bacon, this salmon chowder brings the flavor of the Northeast right to your dinner table.
- 2 lb. red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 49 1/2 oz. chicken broth
- 1 lb. salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half cream
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, onion and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add salmon and bacon; cook over medium heat until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Reduce heat; stir in the milk, cream, butter, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil). Thicken if desired.