FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Servings: Makes 12 croquettes (6 servings)
These crunchy salmon cakes are as light as air and bursting with a mild salmon flavor the kids will love. You could form and chill these to serve the same night, or freeze them for up to 2 weeks to defrost and serve in a flash.
- 2 lb. skinless, boneless salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. Tone’s Lemon Pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- .1 tsp. dried dill or thyme
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) fine breadcrumbs or Panko
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Soak skewers in water for 30 to 60 minutes before using to avoid charring.
- If there is still a strip of striated muscle attached to the side of any scallops, grasp firmly and pull to remove. Place orange juice in a large bowl and submerge scallops in juice; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until beginning to color but still soft. Drain on paper towels.
- Place citrus rub in a shallow dish. Remove scallops from juice. Roll the edges of each scallop in the dry rub and wrap with a strip of bacon, overlapping the ends.
- Thread 4 bacon-wrapped scallops onto each skewer and cook immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Grill skewers 4 to 6 minutes until scallops are opaque in the center and firm to the touch, turning once. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.