FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Salmon with Mornay Sauce
This hearty dish combines fresh seasonings with top-quality salmon fillets for a classic dining experience that's sure to please.
- 1 tsp. lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded Swiss cheese
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper. In a large skillet, cook salmon in 2 tablespoons butter for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, cayenne and remaining lemon-pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Serve with salmon.