FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
San Diego Cheeseburgers
SoCal and south-of-the-border come together on these hearty, guacamole-topped burgers.
View all tips »
Use any leftover guacamole with chips as a dip.
- 8 frozen Jensen® Sirloin/Beef Burgers
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, minced, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 8 multi-grain ciabatta roll
- Red leaf lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-low.
- To prepare guacamole, scoop avocado out of peel and place in a medium bowl. Smash until smooth. Add chili powder, salt, pepper and mix, then add jalapeño, cilantro, red onion and lime.
- Grill burgers for 11 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through grill time. Burgers should be cooked thoroughly. The juices should run clear and the center of the burger should not be pink. Cook to an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Place burger on bun bottom. Top with 1 slice cheese, 1/4 cup guacamole, tomato, lettuce and bun top.