FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Santa Fe Burger
Bring the taste of the Southwest - and a little kick - to your next grilling night in the backyard with this burger.
- 1 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 4 Sara Lee® Hamburger Buns
- 2 cup(s) lettuce (shredded)
- 3 Tbsp. Weber® Gourmet Burger Adjustable Grinder
- 1/2 cup(s) On the Border® Tortilla Chips
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) jalapeños or fire roasted peppers
- 1/2 cup(s) Yucatan™ or Calavo® Guacamole
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Tone’s® Taco Seasoning
- 2 cup(s) sweet onions, strips
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Southwestern Mayonnaise (see recipe)
- 1 cup(s) caramelized onions (see recipe)
Directions for burger
- Mix chopped jalapeños and ground beef together. Form into four patties.
- Dust each patty liberally with burger seasoning.
- Coat grill with cooking spray. On high heat, grill burgers for 10 minutes, turning half way through. During the last minute, lay a slice of Provolone on top of each patty to melt.
- To assemble burger: slather bun bottom with 2 tablespoons of Southwestern Mayonnaise and caramelized onions. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips and top with burger patty, Provolone cheese, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and bun top.
Directions for onions
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring constantly until they soften, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix to incorporate. Stir frequently and cook until onions start to brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.