FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sausage with Peppers and Pasta
Bring the flavors of a sausage and peppers sandwich from an Italian street fair to your table with this pasta dish. Pass the Parmesan cheese please.
View all tips »
Healthy Living: Save 160 calories and 19 grams of fat per serving by preparing with turkey sausage and Kraft® 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese.
- 3 cup(s) penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 green, red and yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) Kraft® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt. Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet on medium heat 10 min., stirring frequently. Stir in peppers; cook and stir 7 min. or until sausage is done and peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture with shredded cheese blend; mix well.
- Top with Parmesan.