FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sausage Sloppy Joes
Sloppy joes are usually made with beef, but using sausage can open up a completely unexpected world of flavor. Give it a try!
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean® Regular Flavor Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls, split
- 1 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage, onion and pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Return to skillet.
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili sauce, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until sausage mixture is thoroughly heated; stirring occasionally.
- Fill buns with 1/3 cup sausage mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese.