FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Savory Sausage and Mushroom Bread Pudding
In this recipe, sausage, mushrooms and Parmesan cheese take the place of pecans and sweet brown sugar for a heartier, savory take on the traditional family favorite.
View all tips »
You can add any ingredient to this bread pudding and make it your own.
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cup(s) breakfast sausage
- 2 onions, cleaned and diced
- 3 cup(s) quartered mushrooms
- 3 cup(s) spinach
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 cup(s) bread cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and brown sausage, onions and mushrooms. Then let cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and add whipping cream and set aside.
- Place bread cubes on a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the sausage mixture to the egg mixture first, then add the bread, Parmesan and spinach and toss.
- Place the savory bread pudding into the 9x13-inch baking dish, cover with aluminum and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover the bread pudding at 40 minutes and bake for another 15 minutes.