FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Scalloped Ham and Potato Casserole
Scalloped potatoes never tasted so good. This casserole is so rich and flavorful you could definitely serve this with just a fresh green salad and consider your dinner preparations complete.
- 2 lb. russet potatoes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/3 cup(s) diced Castle Wood Reserve® Boneless Spiral Ham
- 3/4 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup(s) Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) cream
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8x8-inch glass baking dish.
- Sauté the diced ham over medium heat for 7 minutes or until browned.
- Peel and slice the potatoes 1/4-inch thick. Toss in a large bowl with pepper, ham and onion. In a small bowl, toss together the cheeses with the parsley.
- Layer half of the potato mixture in the baking dish. Sprinkle with half the cheese mixture and top with remaining potatoes.
- Whisk together the sour cream, cream, garlic and salt. Pour evenly over the potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture and dot with butter.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until browned and potatoes are completely tender when pierced with a knife. Let cool completely before slipping the whole dish into a zip-top bag to freeze.
- To serve, defrost in the refrigerator and then reheat in the oven or microwave.