FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Seafood Pasta Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing
This recipe includes a wonderful homemade Roquefort vinaigrette recipe which creates wonderful flavor. The salad is best if made and chilled several hours before serving, which makes it great for a potluck or picnic.
View all tips »
If you are going to refrigerate the salad before serving, don’t add more than about half of the dressing before refrigerating. Add the rest when you’re ready to serve.
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme or oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Gorgonzola or Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 2 cup(s) dry Daily Chef™ Elbow Macaroni Pantry Pack (about .50 pound)
- 1 cup(s) tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb. salad shrimp, defrosted
- 1/2 lb. crabmeat or surimi
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Puree all ingredients from lemon juice through sugar in a blender or mini food processor. Slowly add the oil with the motor running to thicken. To finish, either whisk in the crumbled cheese or, for a creamier dressing, add the cheese to the blender and pulse briefly to break it down, while leaving some chunks. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water. Drain and cool.
- Combine all other ingredients (except eggs) in large salad bowl and toss to mix. Add a small amount of dressing (add more later if needed). Top with the hard-boiled egg slices and a couple of whole shrimp.