FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
These little cookies have a rich, buttery shortbread dough that you can cover with your favorite Smucker’s® jam or jelly. This recipe makes a lot of cookies, so there will be plenty on hand for the holidays.
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Pillsbury BEST® All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into tablespoon-size pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) Smucker’s® Strawberry Jam
- Heat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift flour; set aside.
- Beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 5 minutes. Gradually add sugar and continue beating on high speed until very light and fluffy; the mixture should be almost white in color.
- Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour in three additions, mixing until dough has come together, scraping down bowl once or twice.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out cookies using 1 1/4-inch fluted-edge round cookie cutter (or cookie cutter of your choice). Transfer to prepared cookie sheet, spacing cookies 1 inch apart. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges just begin to turn very light golden brown (tops of cookies should remain as white as possible). Slide parchment onto cooling racks to cool cookies completely.
- Spread about 1/4 teaspoon jam on the bottom of a cookie and sandwich with another cookie.