FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Shredded Barbecue Beef Sandwiches
The homemade barbeque sauce promises to secure your spot as BBQ extraordinaire, especially when it cascades over shredded, tender, melt-in-your-mouth eye of the round roast. For the ultimate BBQ experience, when these sandwiches beg for a side of coleslaw, answer the call.
- 10 1/2 oz. condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. steak sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef eye round roast (3 1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tsp. salt
- 16 sandwich buns, split
- Dill pickle slices, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Pour half of mixture into a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt; add to slow cooker and top with remaining broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/2 cup beef mixture on each bun. Top with pickles if desired.