FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Shrimp Pineapple Kabobs
Bright, colorful, light and flavorful, these kabobs are great for a simple weeknight dinner or stress-free entertaining. They're sure to put you in that carefree warm-weather mood.
- 40 oz. pineapple chunks
- 2 cup(s) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 2 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 64)
- 4 large sweet red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice; refrigerate pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, tomato sauce, brown sugar, mustard and reserved juice. Pour 3 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add the shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 3 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. On 16 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, red peppers, onions and pineapple. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 6 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade.