FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Shrimp Scampi with Tomato
This recipe can be served as an appetizer for a dinner party or as a main course, either as is or tossed with cooked spaghetti or fettuccine just before serving.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) halved cherry tomatoes (or 2 tablespoon slivered sun dried tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup(s) dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and brown for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and stir for a few seconds, then add the vermouth.
- Cook until the liquid is reduced and shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add the butter with salt and pepper to taste, swirling the pan gently just until the butter has melted.
- To serve, spoon the shrimp onto individual plates, drizzling the cooking liquids over.