FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
All the irresistible flavor of regular nachos with an exciting visual appeal. Artisan Fresh™ French bread takes the place of tortilla chips in this hearty appetizer that's great for entertaining guests.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 15 oz. crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 48 slices French bread (1/4-in. thick)
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, bouillon, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Discard bay leaf. Stir in basil.
- Rub baguette slices with garlic halves; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush lightly with oil. Bake at 400°F for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Arrange toast on serving platters; top with beef mixture and cheese. Serve immediately.