FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Simple Summer Salad
Featuring green beans, corn and tomatoes tossed with red onions and basil in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing, this easy-to-make salad is a light, refreshing lunch for the hot summer months.
View all tips »
Fresh green beans and corn cut from an ear of corn may be used in place of the frozen vegetables. Cook green beans until just tender. Use leftover cooked or grilled sweet corn for the corn kernels.
To cut basil leaves thinly with ease, try this technique: Pinch stems off leaves; stack several of the leaves on top of one another. Roll them up, and then thinly slice the rolled leaves. This is called "chiffonade."
- 2 cup(s) frozen cut green beans, thawed, drained
- 1 pkg. frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can Hunt’s diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce), drained
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 4 lettuce leaves, optional
- Combine beans, corn and drained tomatoes in medium bowl.
- Add onion, basil and dressing; toss lightly.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired.