FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sirloin with Blue Cheese Butter
For a memorable meal, stamp your signature on your grilled steak with this recipe for savory blue cheese and walnut butter.
- 1/2 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, divided
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 oz. each)
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, butter, walnuts, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon rosemary. Shape into a 5-inch log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a small food processor, combine the garlic cloves, salt, pepper and remaining rosemary. Cover and process until blended. Rub over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F).
- Unwrap blue cheese butter; cut two 1/2-inch slices from log. Place one slice on each steak. Rewrap remaining butter; refrigerate for 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.