FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Skewered Shrimp & Vegetables
Juicy tomatoes and mushrooms and crisp red onions are a colorful pairing for tender, grilled shrimp seasoned with garlic and spices.
- 3/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/3 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 16 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium red onion, cut into eight wedges
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, halved
- 8 grape tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and vegetables.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with cheese.