FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Skewered Shrimp and Blackberries with Sesame-Ginger Marinade
Summer sizzles with these juicy shrimp and blackberry skewers with a tangy ginger marinade. Thoroughly preheat the grill or broiler so the skewers cook quickly and the ingredients don't stick to the grates. A thin metal spatula works best for turning the skewers without crushing the berries.
- 1 pkg. blackberries (6 oz.)
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, cut into 1/4" thick wedges
- 12 oz. uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 26-count size)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- Preheat a gas grill or broiler to high heat.
- Thread blackberries, mango and shrimp alternately on wooden skewers.
- Combine remaining ingredients to make a thin glaze. Brush onto prepared skewers, coating all sides of ingredients.
- Grill or broil skewers 2 to 3 minutes per side, carefully sliding spatula under berries when turning. Serve warm or room temperature.