FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sloppy Joe Scrambled Eggs
A comfort food favorite, prepare the sauce the night before then simply reheat to get a great breakfast on the table in a flash.
View all tips »
Serve any leftover gravy without the eggs for an easy lunch.
- 4 Thomas® English Muffins, split and toasted
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1/3 cup(s) green or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) KC Masterpiece® BBQ sauce (or favorite)
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon or yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup(s) beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. fresh or canned jalapeño peppers, minced
Sloppy Joe gravy
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, garlic and peppers until meat is cooked.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (and jalapeños, if using) and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper. This can be made the day before and refrigerated.
- Reheat sauce, if necessary. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add butter. When melted, add beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper. Cook scrambled eggs to preferred doneness.
- Divide eggs between muffin bottoms and top with a generous ladling of the Sloppy Joe gravy.