FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Slow Cooked Barbecued Pork Sandwiches
Even though this slow cooker recipe might take all day to cook, the effort you’ll have to put in is minimal with just a simple sauce that slowly infuses the pork with great flavor. Sam’s Club pork roast cooks up so tender and juicy, each bite will just melt in your mouth.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 15 oz. tomato puree
- 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) steak sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 pork butt roast (3 lbs.)
- 10 hard rolls, split
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomato puree, brown sugar, steak sauce, lemon juice and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and heated through.
- Place roast in a 5 quart slow cooker; pour sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Heat through. Serve on rolls.