FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Slow-cooker Chuck Roast with Classic Tomato Sauce and Vegetables
Just a few simple ingredients in your trusty slow cooker, including a great tasting cut of meat, and dinner’s ready when you get home.
- 1 Member's Mark™ Angus Chuck Roast (3 to 4 pound)
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cup(s) Earthbound Farm® Organic Mini Carrots
- 2 onion (medium), chopped
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 cup(s) button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 cup(s) Classico® Tomato and Basil Premium Pasta Sauce
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, pepper and flour. Dredge the chuck roast in the seasoned flour mixture and brown in a large frying pan with the vegetable oil.
- Put the celery, mini carrots, onions and rosemary into the slow cooker. Set the browned roast on top. Add the mushrooms.
- Finish by pouring the pasta sauce on top, and add remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook on high for 7 to 8 hours until meat is tender and cooked through.