FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Zesty Slow Cooker Italian Pot Roast
Chuck roast, potatoes, celery and carrots simmer to tenderness in the slow cooker with an Italian-inspired tomato sauce made special with Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup.
View all tips »
*To roast garlic, place 1 whole garlic bulb onto a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil. Wrap the foil tightly around the garlic. Roast at 350°F for 45 minutes or until garlic is soft. Peel and chop the garlic.
**Or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
Tip: For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Remove the beef and vegetables from the cooker. Stir the flour mixture into the cooker. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (about 4 cups)
- 2 cup(s) fresh or thawed frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, diced
- 1 beef bottom round roast or beef chuck pot roast (2 1/2 to 3 lbs.)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 Tbsp. chopped roasted garlic* or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp. dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- Place the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Season beef with black pepper. Place beef into slow cooker.
- Stir soup, water, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar in a small bowl. Pour soup mixture over the beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 11 hours** or until the beef is fork-tender and the vegetables are tender.