FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Slow-Simmered Chicken Rice Soup
Crushed red pepper adds some unexpected heat to this mouthwatering soup that slow cooks for hours, ensuring wonderful flavors, enticing aromas and minimal work for the cook.
View all tips »
Time Saver: This recipe may also be cooked on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 1/4 cup(s) Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 2 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound), cut into cubes
- Sour cream (optional)
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Stir the wild rice, white rice and oil in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Stir the broth, thyme, red pepper, celery, onion and chicken in the cooker. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with sour cream and green onions, if desired.