FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Smoked Gouda & Bacon Potatoes
They're hearty, savory, crispy and purely irresistible. Bring home fresh cheese, bacon and potatoes from your club to make these satisfying appetizers, perfect for tailgating appetites.
- 2 whole garlic bulbs
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 15 small red potatoes, halved
- 15 bacon strips
- 2 cup(s) (8 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. dried cilantro
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut tops off of garlic bulbs. Brush with oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or just until tender. Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Place a tablespoonful of cheese on the cut side of a potato half. Wrap with a half-strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat. Sprinkle appetizers with pepper. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- For sauce, squeeze softened garlic into a food processor. Add sour cream and cilantro; cover and process until blended. Serve with potatoes.