FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Smoky Tea-rubbed Salmon
Fresh salmon never tasted better than when generously rubbed with tea and brown sugar.
View all tips »
Recipe submitted by Mike Chapter.
- 4 green tea bags (about 1 Tbsp.), opened and emptied into a small bowl
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. each onion powder, ground cumin, cayenne pepper and ground thyme
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 4 skinless salmon portions, thawed (5 - 7 ounce ea.)
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and rub generously onto both sides of fish. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Cook fish on medium-high heat on oiled grill 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with fork.