FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Snappy String Cheese Poppers
Jalapeño peppers stuffed with a zesty filling of cream cheese and string cheese, then wrapped with bacon, make tasty party bites.
View all tips »
- Bacon may also be crisped by placing peppers under an oven broiler for a few minutes, turning once during broiling time.
- 12 whole jalapeño peppers with stems
- 1 pkg. cream cheese, softened (8 ounce)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 12 Sargento® Cheddar-Mozzarella Natural Blends Sticks, cut in half
- 12 bacon strips, cut in half
- 24 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cover a grill pan with aluminum foil.
- Cut jalapeño peppers in half, lengthwise; remove all seeds and veins.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic powder, and hot pepper sauce. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of this mixture into one half of a jalapeno pepper. Top with one half of a cheese stick.
- Wrap one half of a bacon strip around the jalapeno pepper and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining jalapeno peppers, placing them in the prepared grill pan.
- Cook until bacon is evening browned, turning once. Serve immediately.