FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
These cookies are great for the holidays or anytime you want a tasty cinnamon treat.
View all tips »
These rich cinnamon-sugar cookies make a great gift! Place a bag of them in a small basket along with packets of cappuccino or hot chocolate mix.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup(s) Gold Medal® All-Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.