FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
The sweet smell of cinnamon and sugar wafting from the oven is enough to draw the whole family out of bed. This breakfast recipe is simple enough to whip together and bake before a mid-morning meal.
View all tips »
Microwave butter on medium (50%) power 30 seconds or until very soft but not melted. Softening the butter will allow you to make this cake without having to use an electric mixer. Substitute pecans for walnuts, if desired.
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cup(s) Original Bisquick® Mix, divided
- 1/2 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of a 9-inch cake pan with parchment or waxed paper. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sugar, walnuts and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Reserve 3/4 cup for filling. Add 1/4 cup Bisquick and 2 tablespoons butter. Stir until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Stir in eggs and sour cream until well blended. Stir in Bisquick until just mixed. Spread 1/2 of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with reserved filling. Top with dollops of remaining cake batter, smooth using a spatula. Sprinkle with crumbled streusel.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes in pan. Run a knife around the outside edge of the cake and invert onto a plate. Invert again onto a cooling rack. Eat warm or at room temperature.