FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Creole Beef and Rice Casserole
Looking for a great dinner dish that’s quick, satisfying and delicious? Try this casserole. As a bonus to its delightful flavors, it reheats beautifully in the microwave, so leftovers make a wonderful brown bag lunch.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef (lean 90%)
- 1/2 onion (medium), sliced
- 4 tsp. garlic, mashed
- 3 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, with leaves, diced
- 2 cup(s) Veggie Medley, containing raw broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
- 2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 cup(s) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes
- 2 dashes Tabasco®
- 1/2 cup(s) Daisy Brand® Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup(s) Kraft® Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup(s) Jack or cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté until soft.
- Add ground beef, garlic, salt, pepper and Creole seasoning. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is browned.
- Add vegetables, beef broth and tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir to blend and bring to a boil. Stir in rice, Tabasco®, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Cover, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with jack or cheddar cheese and re-cover for another minute to melt the cheese. Serve immediately.