FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Southwest Chicken & Rice Salad
Prep your palate for a fiesta-style fusion of spicy, citrusy flavors. Amp up the full summer menu experience when you serve this cold salad to lunch guests with a tall pitcher of citrusy drinks.
- 2 medium ears sweet corn
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil, divided
- 2 cup(s) cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup(s) uncooked rice
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Brush 1 tablespoon oil over ears of corn. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Cut corn from cobs.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, red pepper, jalapeños, cilantro and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper and remaining oil; pour over chicken mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions; cool. Just before serving, stir rice and avocados into salad.