FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Southwest Smothered Chicken
After a busy day, you can’t beat a dish with a little heat, a lot of flavor and no planning required. Made with common ingredients you’re likely to have on hand, this is an easy meal to whip up any night of the week.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- 1 cup(s) (4 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) pickled jalapeño slices
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle both sides with cumin and cayenne. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, combine corn and salsa; spoon over chicken. Top with cheese and jalapeños.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each chicken breast with a dollop of sour cream.