FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Southwestern Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Enjoy the spicy Southwest in a delicious mesquite chicken salad. Top with cilantro-lime dressing for a tangy-sweet taste your family will love.
- 1-2 Mesquite fillets, cut into strips
- 3 cup(s) mixed greens
- 1/2 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) black beans, canned (rinsed)
- 1/2 cup(s) corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, cut in halves
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) lime juice
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook chicken fillets according to package directions; set aside to cool and cut into strips.
- Place the jalapeno pepper and garlic cloves into a food processor or blender; pulse until the jalapeno and garlic are finely chopped. Pour in the lime juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and salt; add the cilantro leaves; pulse a few times to blend. Turn the food processor or blender on, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated into the dressing. Season to taste with salt before serving.
- Place greens in an individual salad bowl; toss with desired amount of dressing. Top the greens with sliced chicken, avocado, black beans, corn and tomatoes.