FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Southwestern-Style Baby Back Ribs
Some surprising ingredients (ginger ale!) help make this one of the best rib recipes we’ve ever tried.
- 2 lemons
- 2 cup(s) Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 3 lb. baby back ribs
- 1 cup(s) onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 cup(s) ginger ale
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Juice one lemon and slice the other.
- Combine lemon juice, Ketchup, molasses, chipotle pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture and brush ribs all over. Place in a roasting pan.
- Scatter lemon slices over ribs. Sprinkle with onion and garlic. Add ginger ale and cover tightly.
- Place in oven and cook for 1-1/2 hours or until very tender.
- Cool ribs in liquid, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease lightly.
- Remove ribs from cooking liquid (discard liquid, lemons, and onion).
- Place ribs on grill. Cook, turning and basting often with remaining sauce, 8 to 10 minutes or until well glazed.