FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Fire up the grill and hypnotize your dinner guests with the unmistakeable aroma of bacon wrapped snuggly around plump shrimp with a curry kick. Once they're under that sizzling spell of salivation, you may not even need to serve dinner.
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. each salt, pepper, curry powder, ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 18 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 9 bacon strips, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Wrap each shrimp with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill bacon-wrapped shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning and basting with reserved marinade.