FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spicy Fettuccine Alfredo with Mesquite Chicken
Add a hint of spice to this classic Italian dish to create an instant family favorite.
- 2 Mesquite fillets
- 12 oz. fettuccine noodles
- 1 stick (.50 cup) butter
- 1 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (4 ounce) plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Tabasco
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cayenne pepper
- Cook chicken fillets according to package directions. Cook fettuccine according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water, and then drain pasta in a colander.
- Melt 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) of butter over low heat. Add garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add cooked pasta and toss to coat. Add cheese, reserved cooking water, cream, remaining 3 tablespoons butter (thinly sliced), red pepper, Tabasco, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss to combine well.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and serve immediately with Mesquite chicken fillets.