FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spicy Pineapple Shrimp
Hot and spicy shrimp makes the perfect start to a delicious meal.
View all tips »
Recipe submitted by Mike Chapter. Serve with cilantro rice for a complete meal!
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 can frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed (12 ounce)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 lb. uncooked, peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp with tails on, thawed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine shallots and butter in small saucepan; sauté on medium-low heat 5 minutes. Add vinegar and orange juice; bring to boil. Simmer on medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add orange zest, pineapple juice, jalapeño and spices; bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix water, cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl until smooth. Stir into juice mixture. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes on oiled grill on medium-high heat. Brush with sauce and turn over. Brush with sauce and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Toss or serve with additional sauce.