FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spinach and Apple Salad with Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Croutons
The sweet, spicy flavor of Eggo® Seasons™ Pumpkin Spice waffles perfectly complements the blue cheese dressing, apple slices and red onion in this spinach salad.
View all tips »
Feel free to add more dressing.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Eggo® Seasons™ waffles (cooked to packet instructions)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup(s) roughly chopped walnuts, toasted
- 4 cup(s) spinach
- 2 small Red Delicious apples, cored, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) blue cheese dressing
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes, or until softened. Add celery and garlic. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes, or until heated through. Add 1/3 cup walnuts. Cook for 1 minute.
- Combine dressing with spinach and sliced apples in a large bowl. Stir.
- Roughly chop cooked Eggo waffles to bite-sized croutons.
- Combine celery mixture and dressing mixture. Top with waffles and remaining walnuts. Serve.