FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Crunchy water chestnuts and pecans add texture to the creamy filling in these tasty appetizers starring fine, fresh mushrooms.
- 1/2 lb. fresh torn spinach
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped pecans, divided
- 56 large fresh mushrooms (about 3 1/2 lb.)
- In a large saucepan, bring spinach and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3 minutes. Drain; squeeze dry and finely chop. In a large bowl, beat ricotta and butter until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in Parmesan cheese, water chestnuts, 3 tablespoons pecans and chopped spinach.
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use). Place caps on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Stuff with spinach mixture; sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.