FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Portable Spinach-Ham Breakfast Frittata
Easy to pull together, this frittata is a crowd-pleaser when served for brunch or as a picnic lunch.
View all tips »
Frozen, chopped spinach may be substituted for fresh. Just be sure to thawed and drain well before mixing with the potatoes to avoid a runny frittata.
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 small red potatoes, sliced
- 1 heaping cup torn fresh spinach
- 4 slices Castle Wood™ Variety-Pack Deli Meat Black Forest Ham, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 can jalapeño peppers (4 ounce), chopped if desired
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) half and half
- 1 cup(s) Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Stir in potatoes and coat evenly with oil. Cover and cook about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender but still firm.
- Add spinach, chopped ham, garlic and jalapeño peppers, if using, and mix. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until spinach is wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Whisk eggs and half-and-half together in a mixing bowl. Pour over the vegetables and sprinkle with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
- Place oven rack about 6 inches below the heating element; preheat broiler to low. Place skillet in oven and broil for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the eggs are firm. Serve immediately.