FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Top seasoned chicken breasts with fresh baby spinach leaves, mushrooms and sharp provolone in this impressive grilling recipe great for late summer entertaining.
- 3 cup(s) fresh baby spinach
- 1 3/4 cup(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
- 1/2 tsp. rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices provolone cheese, halved
- In a large skillet, sauté the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°F.
- Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2 to 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture.