FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spinach Po' Boy
This vegetarian sandwich leans on fresh, tender leaves of spinach and rich cheeses, all available in club.
- 1 loaf (8 oz.) unsliced French bread
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, divided
- 1/3 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 6 cup(s) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut bread in half lengthwise; spread cut sides with half of the butter. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook onions in remaining butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add the spinach, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until spinach is tender.
- Spread over bottom half of loaf; sprinkle with cheeses. Replace bread top. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Open foil; bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown.