FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Spring Morning Casserole
A morning that goes smoothly? A rare occasion to say the least. That's why this is sure to become your go-to breakfast casserole. And a quiet, considerate one too when you can prepare all the ingredients a day ahead. Just ease out of bed and slide this colorful fully prepped casserole in the oven for a smooth, satisfying morning.
- 2 cup(s) cut fresh asparagus (1-in. pieces)
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 8 cup(s) cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup(s) cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cup(s) (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2 cup(s) 2% milk
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, red pepper and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- Place bread in a greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer with ham, 1 cup cheese and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.