FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Stained Glass Ornaments
As festive as they are delicious, these cookies have a crisp, colorful candy center that makes them a beautiful addition to any serving tray.
View all tips »
Don’t have the right size cookie cutters? Use any cutters that are 1 1/4 inch in diameter or smaller. Crush the candies (same colors together) and sprinkle them into the hole you cut. Follow the same baking directions.
- 1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz.) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 36 fruit-flavored ring-shaped hard candies
- Stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour and vanilla together in a medium bowl until soft dough forms. Shape dough into a ball; flatten into a disk. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour. Unwrap hard candies and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. Divide dough in half. On floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with any cookie cutter that is large enough to allow for a 1 1/4-inch circle to be cut out of the center. Transfer cookies to cookie sheets. Carefully cut a 1 1/4-inch circle into the center of each cookie. Remove cut circles from the center of each cookie.
- Using a drinking straw, poke a hole close to the edge of one side of each cookie so a ribbon can be attached after baking.
- Bake cookies for 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and quickly and carefully place 1 candy into the center of each hole in the cookies. Return pan to oven. Bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until candies are melted and cookies have browned.
- Cool until candies harden – about 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool completely.
- Attach ribbon through the hole on each ornament. Hang to decorate your tree or home.