FiltersMain Ingredient Meal Type Prep Time
- Less than 15 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes
- Less than 45 minutes
- Less than 60 minutes
- Above 60 minutes
Steak & New Potato Toss
Grilled sirloin, broccoli and potatoes come together in a single dish, drizzled with a tangy vinaigrette made from scratch. This recipe is as satisfying as a real meat and potatoes meal, with a lighter taste.
- 1 lb. small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 1/4 lb. beef top sirloin steak
- 3 cup(s) fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 8 to 11 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°F; medium, 160°F; well-done, 170°F). Let stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, onion, garlic, mustard, paprika and pepper.
- Drain broccoli and potatoes; place in a large bowl. Add beef and red pepper; drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.